Thursday, November 27, 2014

Review: Bobbi Brown Holiday 2014 Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick

Bobbi Brown shimmer brick

Bobbi Brown shimmer brick

There are some products out there that are iconic - Chanel No. 5, Nars Orgasm blush, and of course Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. For some reason, the Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick that has been released as part of the Bobbi Brown Holiday 2014 collection, caught my eye. I've never owned one and thought this would be a great opportunity to get one.

As with the other releases in the holiday collection, the shimmer brick is encased in a plastic tortoise shell case. It's gorgeous and I sometimes find myself just ogling at the packaging.

Bobbi Brown shimmer brick


When I first saw this online, the name "Copper Diamond" was kind of misleading. I was expecting more of a coppery shimmer, even though it's described to give a lit-from-within warm golden hue. In the pan, it does look like it would be more coppery than gold. However, when swatched, it truly is a warm golden shimmer on the skin.

On the cheeks, it's quite a subtle golden shimmer that's absolutely perfect for the holidays. Just for fun, I wanted to see what this would look like if I used a heavy hand and piled it on. To my surprise, it looked more natural than I thought it would. My cheeks were a lot more highlighted than if I just used one swipe on each cheek, but it still gave my cheeks a beautiful glow without looking too over the top. This would also look great on the eyes as an inner corner highlight, or in the middle of the lid to give a pop to the eyes.


This shimmer brick is a great way to add some festive shimmer for the holidays, but still give a beautiful highlight on the cheeks. I'm glad I got a hold of this and can now see why the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks are so popular. If you're looking for a little something special for the holidays, this would be a great item to add to your wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.