Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sephora VIB Sale Haul 2014

beauty products

beauty products

beauty products

beauty products

I'm a little late to the party in posting all the goodies I bought during the VIB sale. I got a few things in store, but a majority of the items were purchased online on the 5th and didn't arrive until 2 days ago. Some items are re-purchases, while most are new products I've been wanting to try out for a while now.

I might've gone just a little crazy in the amount of stuff I got, but I promise you I try to do most of my beauty shopping when the VIB sales happen so my wallet hurts a little less. So, let's get onto what I got!

Bumble and bumble Non-Stop Softness Set
This set includes the travel-sized Hairdresser's Invisible Oil, Shampoo and Conditioner. I've been hearing great things about all three of these products and thought it would be a good time to snag this set. This specific set isn't available anymore, but you can check out this similar set.

Caudalie Instant Radiance Set
This year was the year I started trying out Caudalie products and have fallen in love with them, especially the Beauty Elixir. Since I always want to try out new serums, I got this set. It includes a travel size Beauty Elixir and a 30mL bottle of the Vinoperfect Serum. The serum's been on my to-try list for a while, so this was a great deal. Unfortunately, this set also isn't available anymore on the Sephora site.

Beauty Blender + Solid Cleanser
Another great deal that was available during the sale, but is also sold out on the Sephora site. I've wanted to find out what the hype was about surrounding the Beauty Blender, so I immediately put this in my online cart when the sale started before it sold out.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
When this first came out, I didn't want to fall into the hype of it. I've been absolutely loving the Nars Translucent powder, so I didn't think I would ever need this. Now that the hype around this product has died down a little, I decided it was time to try it out. I got Diffused Light, which is described as a soft, warm, pale yellow that reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity. I haven't used it yet, but I look forward to trying this out.

Nars All Day Luminous Powder Foundation in Stromboli 
Because I love Nars, I wanted to give this a try. A few years ago, I tried out their powder foundation (which I can't find on Sephora's site) and wasn't too happy with the results. Since then, I've grown to love the translucent powder. Nars's new offering has gotten great reviews and I'm hoping it'll have better results than the previous powder I tried.

Dior Star Fluid Foundation in 031 Sand
Another product that a lot of people have been raving about. I tend to go for more mattifying foundations, so I wanted to try a foundation that has a different finish. I've liked the formula and feel of it from what I've tried in stores.

One of my favourite concealers. This is a re-purchase. Nothing else to say. It's amazing.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette
How could I walk away from this sale without purchasing a blush? Everyone's raved about this blush palette and I wanted to get my hands on it. Did I need another blush, much less 3 additional blushes? Definitely not, but it was on sale and I couldn't say no.

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm
This has also been on my to-try list for a while. I've heard that it's great at taking off makeup and it's probably one of the more affordable cleansing balms on the market.

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Brigitte
Brigitte is described as a nude rose but most people have said it's more of a coral pinky shade. I'm excited to try this out! I have my eyes on Anita and Anna for future purchases.

Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Fawn
I also wanted to try this lipstick out after reading Liz's review. I chose Fawn, which is described as a rose coral. I'm hoping this will look good on my pigmented lips.

Dior Nail Polish in 494 Junon
Junon was the colour I was most interested in when the new gel shine formula was released. I didn't get it until now because I didn't think the colour would look good on me. But I feel that it's neutral enough that it'll work with my skin tone and colour.

I've never owned a glass nail file and for most of my life, I've been using the dinky little one that's attached to my nail clipper. I finally convinced myself to get a glass file so I'll stop damaging my nails further.

Glamglow Powdermud Dualcleanse Treatment Sample
This was the only sample I chose to include in my order. I like trying out masks, so I hope this one wows me since so many people like the Glamglow masks.

And lastly, during this sale, I renewed my VIB Rouge status. Because of this, I received a bottle of the Formula X nail polish in a red shade that's exclusive to those who renew their VIB Rouge status.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.