Thursday, January 08, 2015

Discoveries of 2014: Skincare

skincare products

skincare products

skincare products

Continuing along my discoveries of 2014, today will be about skincare! If you missed it, I wrote about my makeup discoveries here.

2014 was the year where I made a commitment to myself to take better care of my skin and to find products that helps with prevention and keeping my skin at its best. It was also a year where I discovered a love for masks to help with pampering my face. Keep on reading for my favourite skincare discoveries of 2014!

Moisturiser
Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation - A lightweight moisturiser that is oil-free and supposedly helps with fading dark spots. I haven't seen a huge difference in my spots because of this one product, but I like that it isn't heavy and has been a great transition moisturiser between summer and fall. I also find that it's hydrating enough to use throughout the fall season before the temperatures fall into the negatives.

Eye Cream 
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream - I received a sample of this as part of a 500 point redemption at Sephora and I immediately fell in love with this eye cream. I thought it would be too heavy for my undereye area, but it absorbs very quickly. I use this in the evening and the next morning, my eyes feel plump and hydrated.

Serums
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - A pleasantly citrus-scented serum that helps with brightening and plumping the skin. It's a wonderful product to layer underneath your moisturiser, as it absorbs quickly. I've really enjoyed using this serum since the summer and understand why so many people rave about this product, since I've actually seen a difference in the way my skin looks.

La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Serum - I previously posted a review about this product which you can read here. It has truly helped with fading some of my acne scars both old and new. Even though it's recommended to use all over the face, I use it as a spot treatment.

Toner
Caudalie Beauty Elixir - I've already raved about this product here. It's helped with the redness in my skin and keeping my skin clear of any new pimples from popping up. If only it were a bit cheaper, then I'd keep bottles of it stocked.

Masks
Aesop Parsley Seed Masque - A very recent discovery that I'm happy to include in my skincare routine. I use this when my skin feels congested and there are pimples popping up out of nowhere. It's also been helpful when it's that time of the month and my chin has formed a lot of pimples. This mask helps with drying out pimples and drawing out the impurities.

Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask - Out of all the masks I tried out in 2014, this has to be my favourite. Even though it's pricey, I'm willing to repurchase this over and over again. It's contains BHAs to help with deeply penetrating and exfoliating the skin. I like using this when I develop pesky little bumps under the skin that aren't pimples. I also enjoy the sweet herbal scent that it has. Plus it's 100% natural.

Honourable Mentions
Of course I have to include some honourable mentions! There were a couple of products that I didn't start testing/using until closer to the end of 2014, but have been liking. Maybe they'll become favourites later this year! These two products are the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm and the Caudalie Lip Conditioner.


What are some of your favourite skincare discoveries from 2014?

Make sure to come back on Saturday to read about my favourite haircare discoveries of 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.