Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 2015 Favourites

makeup products

The first favourites of the year, which so happens to be my first monthly favourites post ever. Aside from empties posts, monthly favourites are one of my favourite posts to read. So, let's get on with my January favourites!

I have quite a few favourites this month. A few of them are items that I've reacquainted myself with. First is the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation. I bought it when it was first released last year and only used it a few times. But I pulled it back out and I've fallen in love with it again - especially the soft velvet finish. If your skin isn't too oily, you don't even have to use powder with this foundation!

One of my favourite tools this month was the Real Techniques Contour Brush, but not for contouring! I've been using it to blend in my concealer. It's great with blending, but it doesn't absorb too much of the product. Plus it's super soft and feels great on the skin.

To finish off my favourite face products of the month is Tarte Exposed. I don't think I love another blush as much as this one. (Ok, maaybe NARS Sin could challenge that.) It's just the perfect natural blush shade that goes with everything. Most mornings, I'm too lazy to coordinate my blush with whatever look I'm going for, so it's pretty foolproof.

This month was the month of eyeshadows for me. There were four shades that I've been using quite consistently. Two shades in the NARS And God Created The Woman palette really stood out - Alhambra and Kalahari. I mostly used Alhambra as an inner corner highlight, or in the middle of the lid to give my eyes a bit of a pop. During mornings when I'm rushed, I'd use Kalahari all over the lid and leave it there. Or, I'd go with the Origins Brightening Cream Eyeshadow in Coffee Buzz, or Burberry Pale Barley all over the lid. Can you sense a theme going on this month?

I've also been testing out some new products this month and can happily say that I'm enjoying them. One of them is the Benefit Gimme Brow. A more in-depth review of this product will be up some time soon. In the meantime, I can say that I've really been enjoying this product for quickly filling in the brows and setting them all in one go. Another product I've been testing is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rose Shimmer. It's such an easy lip product to swipe on that gives a bit of colour while keeping my lips moisturised.

There you have it! My first favourites post and there were a lot more products than I thought I would love so much in January.

What are your January favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.