Monday, January 19, 2015

Review: Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist


The Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist was one of two products that made it into my 2014 Haircare Discoveries post. And for good reason! It's hard for hair products to truly impress me, since most products I use tend to give me the same results that don't do much for my hair.

This dry oil spray can be used as a leave-in treatment or a colour protecting style primer. I haven't coloured my hair in 4.5 years, so I can't say anything about the colour protecting properties. It also claims to banish frizz and impart intense shine while providing vital nutrients.

I've used this in both hot and humid weather, and in extremely cold weather when my hair becomes a frizzy, static mess. This spray has worked in both extremes by keeping my hair tamed, but not weighed down. Because this is a dry oil, my hair doesn't feel oily after I use it, even with a few spritzes in the same section of hair.

One of my favourite things about this product is that you can use this on both damp and dry hair. I typically use this on my hair after it's been washed, but I love that I have the option of using it on dry hair without it looking oily. It gives my hair a healthy shine, whether used on wet or dry hair.

For those who care, this product is eco-certified, fair-trade compliant and certified organic. This product is environmentally friendly and free of many things such as parabens, sulfates, and gluten. I personally don't have much of a preference about these traits, but if you care about these things, then these are added bonuses.

What are some of your favourite hair oils?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.