Monday, February 09, 2015

Finding the Ultimate Brow Product: Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium/Deep

benefit gimme brow medium/deep

benefit gimme brow medium/deep


This is the third instalment in my series of finding the ultimate brow product. Today's feature is Benefit's Gimme Brow. You can read the first two posts here and here. This is a tinted brow gel with fibres that claims to easily builds thick lush brows with precision from the small brush. It also claims to be water resistant and long lasting. This only comes in two shades - Light/Medium and Medium/Deep.

I mostly wanted to try this product out because of how popular it is. I have to admit, the first few times I used this, I didn't like it at all. The formula was wetter than I thought it would be which made it hard to evenly distribute the product on my brows. I would end up with a blob of the gel on one part of my brows and I'd have to try to blend it out as quickly as I could and sometimes even scratch at my brows to get the excess off.

I eventually learned that the best way to use this was to scrape off the excess before using it. Even then, I still sometimes get blobs on the front of my brows, where I start applying the gel. I find that even though it claims to give precision with the small tapered brush, I do have difficulty in filling in some of the smaller gaps. That's where I think a pencil trumps this product. As for the colour of the product, it's a pretty good match for me. I like that there are some grey tones in the gel, so it doesn't make the colour too brown for my brow hairs.

benefit gimme brow medium/deep swatch


You can see in the comparison picture below just how wet the gel can be and the issue of accidentally applying an excess amount in one place. You can see that the tint in the gel has helped with filling in the sparser areas, but you can still see some gaps in the tail end.

brow comparison


For me, after getting the hang of using this product, it's great to use when you're in a rush. It does help with filling in the sparser areas and can help with defining the shape of the brow. But, I do have to note that Gimme Brow is best suited for those who have fuller brows, or else the gel will have nothing to cling onto. On me, I do find that it lasts for most of the day, at least until the end of the work day. Once it sets, my brows don't feel crispy or stiff, which I appreciate.

At the end of the day, I do like this product, especially on work days when I don't have much time to do my makeup. Is it my ultimate brow product? No, but I will continue to use this until it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.