Saturday, March 07, 2015

Chiselled Cheeks

kevyn aucoin sculpting powder in medium

kevyn aucoin sculpting powder in medium

For the longest time, contouring, or even the idea of contouring was a distant thought. It wasn't until last year that I started getting interested in contouring. I don't even know what caused me to start thinking about it, but it's given me the excuse to indulge in more makeup.

From the research (if you can call it that) I did on the best contouring products, bronzer seemed to be the most popular thing to use. After using bronzer for a bit, it never seemed like my face was truly being contoured. Also, what kind of shadow is a warm brown colour anyway?

Enter the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium.

My somewhat chubby cheeks suddenly had some definition! The Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder is a cult favourite that helps add the illusion of a shadow underneath the cheeks to make them more chiselled and sculpted.

kevyn aucoin sculpting powder in medium swatches
L-R: Heavily swatched, Lightly swatched and slightly blended
The powder consists of brown, grey and red pigments to create the perfect shade for mimicking shadows. It's smooth and blends like a dream. You can use just a little bit of the powder to provide subtle definition, or build it up for that super sculpted and chiselled look. This powder is quite pigmented, so a little will go a long way! I like to swipe my brush across the powder, then dab a bit off on the back of my hand before applying right under my cheeks. Make sure to blend it into the hairline and along the jawline!

I originally bought this off Cult Beauty, but Sephora now carries Kevyn Aucoin products!

What's your favourite contouring product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.