Monday, May 18, 2015

Current Makeup Rotation: May 2015

makeup products

It's been a while since I've blogged and I apologise for my brief hiatus. All is well now and it feels good to write about makeup again! So, what better to write about than the products I've been using in my daily routine this month?

For my day-to-day base products, I've been using the NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. The tinted moisturizer helps even out my complexion while still keeping my skin looking natural. I use the Maybelline concealer for my undereyes and the NARS concealer to cover up any blemishes and scars. I've been using the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light to set the base products, but I'm still not too satisfied with how it works.

The rest of my face products include a couple of new purchases and an oldie but goodie. I've been absolutely loving the Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop. The texture and finish are wonderful and it's such a spring appropriate shade. I've also been testing out the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight. I'm pretty happy with the beautiful glow and highlight it gives my cheeks and it's pretty safe to say it'll be the only highlighter I'll ever need. I say that now, but I might go highlighter crazy in the near future. And of course, the NYC Sunny Bronzer - an oldie but goodie. It works to warm up my current lighter skin, but I'll have to switch it out once I start getting more tanned in the coming months.

makeup products

Next up are the eyes. I've rotated in my beloved Urban Decay Naked Palette. I seriously don't use this enough! But when wedding season comes around, this is the palette I go to. Since most of the weddings I'm attending this year are happening this month, it's been incorporated into my daily routine. The mascara of choice at the moment is the L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof mascara. It keeps my lashes curled and it's waterproof. It does smudge a bit under my lower lashline, but it's something I can deal with. I'm also just trying to use it up!

For lips, I'm trying to keep things natural. The Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 Rose Shimmer gives the perfect hint of colour without the stickiness that lipglosses usually have. Plus it keeps my lips hydrated!

What have you been using this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.