Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 2015 Favourites

makeup products, skincare products, stella eau de toilette

This month was the month of weddings (I have 3 weddings alone this weekend!) and many of my favourites this month were the products I used when getting ready for these weddings and for my everyday makeup.

To start things off, I've been using the Dior Star foundation as my base. For weddings, I don't like using a moisturiser with SPF in case of flashback in photos. So, to have a medium to full coverage foundation that has SPF 30 and doesn't cause flashback in photos and lasts all day, this foundation is one of the best out there! To complete my base makeup, I've been reaching for the Urban Decay Naked Concealer. I've seriously been loving this concealer! It's lightweight, creamy and provides pretty good coverage over blemishes and scars. If you're curious, I wear the foundation in shade 031 Sand and the concealer in Medium Neutral.



For the rest of the face, I have not been able to put down the Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop. It's the perfect spring/summer colour and it gives a beautiful glow to the cheeks without making them look oily. On most days, I've been pretty lazy with my eyes. I've mostly been slapping on Burberry Pale Barley (old formula) all over the lids, then applying L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof mascara for a simple, yet put together look. To finish off the face, I've been using the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony. Ever since getting the Brow Wiz in Ebony, it's quickly become my favourite brow product (post about that soon!).

And of course, removing all that makeup at the end of the day is crucial. The Marcelle Gentle Makeup Remover has been my go-to eye makeup remover. It's seriously the best drugstore option for removing waterproof mascara that just won't budge. I then follow up with the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water before cleansing. I can honestly say it's just as good as Bioderma without leaving your skin feeling a bit stripped.

My last favourite of the month has been Stella McCartney Stella Eau de Toilette. It's a beautiful light, refreshing scent that's perfect for the spring and summer months.

What have been your May favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.