Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Samples Challenge Update #4

empty samples

The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask: This is a gel mask that you can apply and wear to sleep. It claims to tighten pores and re-contour the skin. I really enjoyed the light raspberry scent, but it didn't do much to give much hydration to my skin. Every time I used it, I woke up with some dry patches on my nose.
Purchase: No

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light Cream: To be honest, I don't even remember how this cream worked on my skin and I used up three samples of it. I liked the scent of it and the light texture, but I guess it was quite a meh cream since I can't remember the effects of it!
Purchase: No

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner: I only had one sample of this toner, which gave me two uses. I wish I had more samples to actually see if it did anything for my skin. The toner is quite thick for what it is and my skin did feel more hydrated in combination with my other skincare products. But, since I couldn't accurately gauge its effects, I can't really say if I would purchase it.
Purchase: No

Kiehl's Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream: I don't really have wrinkles at the moment, so I think this sample kind of got wasted on me. It is a thick and rich cream, but it wasn't too rich for me! I quite enjoyed that it somehow helped in calming my skin. When I used this cream, I wasn't breaking out as much. Maybe a side effect? But a good side effect! I will consider using this when I'm older and I start noticing wrinkles forming.
Purchase: Maybe

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream: This little sample lasted me about 1.5 months and I really enjoyed using it! I have this one pesky wrinkle under my right eye that causes my concealer to crease. After using this, I found it helped a little with improving the wrinkle. I feel like I would need to use this cream a little longer to really see the full effects. It's quite rich so I used it during the night but it kept my undereye area hydrated. It's a little pricey, but I think it's worth it.
Purchase: Yes

Bioderma Hydrabio Serum: Despite my dislike of gel moisturisers, I really liked this one! This was more of a true gel, rather than the watery gel moisturisers. I used this as a serum (as the product name indicates) under my nightly moisturiser. It sank into my skin very quickly and some nights, I felt like I could stop there. This would be a great option for those looking for something to help maintain the moisture in their skin. I would consider using just this as my nightly moisturiser in the summer.
Purchase: Yes

Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Cream: I think my skin totally dislikes Fresh products. This did not agree with my skin. Perhaps it's just way too rich for my younger skin, but I broke out like crazy from it. I didn't like how it felt either. It never fully absorbed into my skin and my face felt like a total grease ball afterwards. It drove me nuts. Plus the scent wasn't something I enjoyed.
Purchase: No


So, there you have it. My samples empties for the month. After this month, I've used up 37 samples since the beginning of the year. Not too shabby! I'm excited to see how many samples I'll have used up this entire year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.