Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Finding the Ultimate Brow Product: Anastasia Brow Wiz - Ebony

anastasia brow wiz in ebony and dark brown/brunette

This is the fifth post in my search for the ultimate brow product. If you haven't read the previous posts, I've already talked about the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette, Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown/Brunette, Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Dark, and Marcelle Duo Eyebrow-PRO in Brunette.

If you haven't read my past reviews, you're probably wondering why I'm reviewing the Anastasia Brow Wiz again. How different can a second review of the same product be? I first tried out the Brow Wiz in the shade Dark Brown/Brunette thinking it would be the best shade match for me, since my hair is more brown than black. At first, I thought the shade looked ok on me, but then my brows started looking a little too drawn on and obvious for my liking. So, I set out to try the shade Ebony.

anastasia brow wiz ebony and dark brown/brunette swatches
L-R: Ebony and Dark Brown/Brunette

anastasia brow wiz ebony brow comparison
L-R: Bare brows, Brows filled with Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony

At first, I thought Ebony would be too black and dark for my brows, but it really isn't! The grey tones in the pencil make this shade work really well for those with naturally black eyebrows and very dark brown to black hair. The most important thing to remember is to use light short strokes to ensure it looks natural. 

anastasia brow wiz packaging comparison

In my previous review of the Brow Wiz, I stated that I felt like I could snap this pencil because of the thinness. But, I've grown used to it and don't mind it now. The pigment of the pencil is still great - just enough colour, but not too pigmented. Same goes with the spoolie as it still blends out the pigment well. I do have to point out the change in packaging. Before, the two caps on each end of the pencil had different lengths - longer on the pencil end and shorter on the spoolie end. I would struggle with accidentally crushing the pencil with the shorter cap if I didn't wind down the pencil enough. Now, both caps are the same length, so it definitely helps with this small little issue.

Since getting this pencil in Ebony, I don't think I've been so satisfied with how my brows look! Is this the ultimate brow product for me? It's very possible! Keep an eye out for my final round-up post on all the products I've tried and what my final thoughts are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.