Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Samples Challenge Update #5

empty skincare samples

REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial: I got this as a freebie with one of my Sephora orders and I really liked the short-term results of this quick mask. Unfortunately, it became dry and extremely crumbly and wouldn't squeeze out of the tube anymore. Such a shame to waste so much of this product, but for $58, it's quite expensive for such short-term results. I also have other masks I enjoy much more.
Purchase: No

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser: It cleaned my face but I didn't find it did much else. I'm not exactly sure if the anti-oxidant properties had much of an effect on my skin. I don't prefer foaming cleansers, but this wasn't too stripping like other foaming cleansers. Personally, I don't mind scented products, but for some reason, it was too woodsy which caused me to get headaches. Plus this cleanser lasted for a long time and I couldn't wait to finish this off. At times, I was tempted to throw this away. 
Purchase: No

Gold Bond Moisturizing Lotion with Aloe: This was a sample that was handed out outside the subway stop of my previous workplace and I wasn't expecting much out of it. I think of itch cream when I think of Gold Bond, not moisturising hand creams. This had an interesting thick gel-like texture which absorbed very quickly. Though this was a good hand cream, I have other hand creams I prefer. 
Purchase: No

Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage: This was an eye serum that used a metal ball to apply on the eye area. The metal ball helped with cooling and de-puffing my undereye area in the mornings, but the serum didn't absorb quickly enough for my liking. It also wasn't very hydrating. 
Purchase: No

Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm with Alguronic Acid: I've used up a few Algenist samples in the past and they didn't live up to the price tag that their products have. Unfortunately, this was also one of them. I liked how lightweight it was, but it wasn't hydrating at all. The alguronic acid supposedly helps with anti-aging, but I feel like that's just science mumbo-jumbo since I didn't see any difference in my undereye area. And for something anti-aging, the lack of hydration was disappointing. For $81 for a jar of this stuff, I could buy 2-3 jars of other eye creams that actually work for me. 
Purchase: No


For the mid-year mark, I've used up 42 samples, which means I'm averaging about 7 samples per month. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up to the end of the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.