Tuesday, August 04, 2015

July 2015 Favourites

makeup and skincare products

It's been a while! Yesterday was a holiday, which meant a day off from work and some much needed rest, but also time to focus on some wedding planning. It's now 9.5 more months until the wedding day and I still have yet to feel the pressure to continue planning certain things.

Today, I'm bringing you my favourites from July. It's was a hot month. One weekend saw days reaching 40 degrees and we had a heatwave just last week. 

makeup and skincare products

I've been relying on the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 30 as my moisturiser and sun protection all in one. I love how light it is and how well it sits under my makeup. Which leads me to my foundation of choice this past month - the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation. I wore this during the 40 degree weekend while running around doing a scavenger hunt for 2 hours and pretty much being outside and baking in the sun for at least 8 hours. This stuff did not budge and my makeup still looked pretty awesome by the end of the day. 

Another favourite during the hot days was the Caudalie Beauty Elixir (review). It's a fine mist that helps with refreshing and giving a cooling effect. I use this to help refresh my makeup, but also after cleansing and using it as a toner. 

My other favourite bits and bobs include the Bobbi Brown Corrector (Light Peach). I recently got a pretty bad scar from a pimple and I've been using the corrector on my scars before applying concealer. It has made such a huge difference in covering up my dark scars (and dark undereye circles!). Why haven't I used this sooner?! 

For the eyes, I've been using the Tom Ford quad in Cognac Sable* (review), but mostly the 2 left shades. I use the top left shade all over the lid, with the bottom right shade in my crease and outer-v. If I want to darken my look even more, I'll use the bottom right shade in the outer-v. Then, there's the Benefit Gimme Brow (Medium/Deep). I couldn't be bothered to use a pencil this month and this has been a great product for quick brows. Though, I do find that I sometimes go back with a pencil to fill in some sparse areas if I'm being nitpicky. 

To finish off the face, I've been loving the combination of Benefit Coralista and Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight. Coralista already gives a really pretty sheen and highlight, but I like the added highlight that Candlelight gives. I also find that on my darker skin, the highlighter is subtle enough for everyday wear. 

What are some of your favourites from July?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.