Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Preparing For A Wedding - Part 1

makeup products and cinema secrets makeup brush cleanser


In less than a month, my maid of honour will be getting married and I have the honour to do her bridesmaids' makeup (myself included). I'm no makeup artist, but I think I've learned enough over the years and hoarded enough makeup to be able to do this. I'm extremely excited for this opportunity, which also means an excuse to buy new makeup to play with!

Between the three of us bridesmaids, two have dry skin. Since I have products that's mostly suited to normal to combination skin, I've had to get some skincare products suited to dry skin. I bought the Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentrate and the Make Up Forever Hydrating Primer. The Embryolisse lotion is supposed to help restore balance to the skin and nourish areas of dryness, while the hydrating primer will give some additional moisture in the skin so it doesn't suck up the base products I'll be applying. 

makeup products and cinema secrets makeup brush cleanser


Then there's the YSL Touche Eclat. I have to admit this was a splurge item that I've wanted to try for a long time. It's a good thing the three of us are pretty similar in skintone and colour that I can use it on all three of us! This will be a great way to conceal and brighten the face. 

For the tools, I needed to get a bottle of brush cleanser. Despite owning many brushes, it'll be useful to have a brush cleanser to spot clean eye brushes. After reading numerous reviews of the Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleanser, I figured this would be the best one to get. And since I won't be using too much of it, I got a smaller bottle.

These are just a few items that I've bought to prepare for the wedding (and my own upcoming wedding in May!). Over the next few weeks, I'll be gathering even more items and hopefully you'll get some insight into what's needed to do wedding makeup for the non-makeup artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.