Friday, August 07, 2015

Scents for Summer

bottles of perfume

If you know me in real life, you'll know that I always have some kind of perfume or scent on me. It all goes back to this one specific incident that happened when I was a teen, but that's not something I'll get into right now.

I wear perfume all year round in hopes of always smelling nice. I tend to wear scents that are appropriate regardless of the time of year, but there are specific ones that I'll only bring out during the warmer summer months.

I personally like light fresh, floral and slightly fruity scents. My holy grail perfume is DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom, which unfortunately, is discontinued. It's fresh, floral and fruity all in one. It contains notes of rose, jasmine petals, and grapefruit, and I appreciate that all elements are nicely balanced. This is the one scent that I use year-round and could never tire of.

Another wonderfully fresh scent is Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia. I find that even though it's quite fresh, it's a little heavy on me. If I spray on a little too much, it can give me a headache, but I can't give this scent up! This perfume contains jasmine, peony, lemon, mint, brown sugar, pink pepper, cedarwood and labdanum.

The next two scents are my most recent additions. I have a mini rollerball of Elizabeth and James Nirvana White and I became obsessed with it the first time I used it. This scent has notes of peony, muguet and tender musk. Much like Nirvana White, the newest addition to my perfume collection also has notes of peony. Stella Eau de Toilette actually smells quite similar to Nirvana White from the bottle, but on the skin, it has a little more depth and the masculine undertone is more revealed.

What are your favourite summer scents?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.