Friday, October 02, 2015

Samples Challenge Update #8

empty sample skincare products


Not a lot of samples were finished again this month. It's all because of the wedding. I keep using the wedding as an excuse, but when it comes to weddings, you don't want to disturb your daily skincare routine the few weeks leading up to it!

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Eye Serum: I've always wanted to try out some Jurlique products, but they're quite pricey. So, I was pretty excited to try this sample. It claims to reduce signs of fatigue, minimize the appearance of fine lines and protect from environmental aggressors. Because this is a serum, it has quite a thin, runny texture and you don't need a lot of it. On its own, it's not hydrating enough, so I would recommend layering an eye cream over it. I have found that it has helped a bit with minimizing this one pesky wrinkle under my right eye, but I only started seeing this once I started layering it with the next sample I finished off. 
Purchase: No

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado: I've actually used up the full size of this eye cream and really loved it. After using up this sample, I remember why I love it so much. It's not too thick, but still hydrating enough. I've been told that my undereye area tends to be dry, but this really helps with putting that moisture back into the delicate area. As mentioned above, I really loved the combination of a serum and eye cream for my undereye area, but I really could do without the serum and just use this cream. 
Purchase: Yes

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate: I'm still trying to figure this product out. I love the scent and how soft it makes my skin after application, but it really is quite an extra item for the skincare routine. I thought my skin was doing really well while using this - I was getting less breakouts and thought this was why, then I pimples starting popping up. I'd say it's a good boost of hydration, but you really don't need this in your routine. I'll gladly use it if I have samples of it lying around.
Purchase: No

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster: One of my favourite serums, so I was sad to finish off this sample. It has helped with brightening skin and keeping it soft and plump. The scent and the fact that it sinks in so quickly are awesome bonuses of this product. I've already used up a full-size bottle in the past and I'm close to finishing another full-size bottle. 
Purchase: Yes, but I still have a lot of other serums I need use up! 


I've used up 62 samples now. There's still 3 more months to go this year, so I'm hoping to finish off at least 10 more samples. I hope you're all doing well in using up samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.